We are excited to announce that Arena Season 2 will mark the first Arena Season of this year, which will be followed by more frequent competitive events.
Taking note of the feedback from our community, we have made a few updates to better accommodate the needs of our active adventurers. It means more rewards to players and NCG holders, and fewer rewards to bots and abusers. A fairer warrior’s battle, it will be 😼
Gear up Adventurers, we’ll see you soon!
- 📅 Season 2 starts on March 4th, 2022 (3,528,000 block) and ends approximately on March 20th, 2022 (3,640,000 block)
- 🏦 224K NCG Total Reward Pool, competitive reward up to top 3000 players. (Total amount has been adjusted as there is Season 3 coming up in one and a half months)
- 📈 200% more rewards are availble to Monster Collection (staking) users
During the last season, there were various community complaints on the use of bot accounts.
To encourage new players to play-and-earn, we have a “medal” system where each battle has a 30% chance of giving the player a season exclusive medal. At the end of the season, a pool of NCG would be divided by the number of total medals earned by all the arena participants.
Because of possible abuse, there were community suggestions to remove medal rewards altogether, but we decided to resize the amount of rewards while encouraging the community to hold NCG.
This is why we came up with the following measures.
- The ranking reward will be expanded to the top 3000 players from 500 in season 1, and we will allocate 75% of the reward pool to competition.
- The medal rewards will be reduced to 25% of the total reward pool. This way, even the beginners will receive some NCG, but this season will focus even more on competition, skill, and perseverence.
- There will be aggressive bot detection methods to filter out abusers from farming NCG from the portal.
- From this season, more rewards will be given to players using the Monster Collection feature, which can be activated by staking 500 NCGs. There will be an additional 200% reward to those who have activated Monster Collection, to a total of 300%.
- We are aware that 500 NCG is not a small amount. So with the start of Arena Season 2, Monster Collection’s tier 1 weekly reward will change from 80 Hourglasses to 1 AP Portion & 80 Hourglasses. (The current market rate of 1 AP Portion is around 4 NCG.)
- This is a temporary measure, and this will be further polished later on in the official staking update, along with a balance patch. We are focused on creating more utility to NCG, and focusing rewards to holders to grow our network.
- 500 NCG staking snapshot will be taken at 3,640,000th block, which marks the end of the Arena Season 2. Activate your Monster Collection before the Season ends!
Joining the Arena’s 2nd season is very simple!
- Unlock the arena mode after clearing level 17.
- Compete in the arena and get a higher rating.
- Use the Nine Chronicles portal to check the full standings as the data will be displayed in the portal.
Weekly Arena Rewards
- After every Arena week (every 56000 blocks), top players will be allocated maximum 84000 NCG, depending on their ranks.
- There will be a total of 2 weekly reward allocations during this Season.
- The allocation of Medals is similar to the previous season’s distribution. For every Arena battle, there is around a 30% chance of attaining a Season 2 Medal for each player.
- After the season, a maximum total of 56000 NCG will be distributed among Arena participants according to Medals attained and Monster Collection usage. The harder you play, the more rewards you get.
- There will be an additional 200% reward to those who have activated Monster Collection, to a total of 300%.
We expect our adventurers to prepare for Arena Season 2 in advance, crafting items or buying them at the marketplace.
As been shared on the roadmap, item level requirements will be introduced after Arena Season 2 ends. This is a core update for balancing the economic system, by lengthening each equipment’s lifetime and stabilizing the equipment market rates. As a design guiding principle, players will be able to utilize items a single tier above their power level.
We are sharing the item equipment table below. We hope this guide helps you with market and arena preparation. Also, this is not the final balance — there will be a testnet launch where players will be able to try out the balance, and we will listen to the community’s feedback before the final release later this month.
What is ‘Monster Collection’?
Monster Collection is a feature that allows players to earn core resources by depositing Nine Chronicles Gold (NCG). To participate, you will need to open the Monster Collection screen at the launcher and then stake NCG. The more monsters you collect, the higher your rewards will be. If you decide to stop collecting, you will get all your deposited NCGs back. The rewards collected are Hourglasses and Action Point (AP) potions. These help accelerate player growth and are tradable in the marketplace.
See the Monster Collector release blog for more information: Release Blog.